Cocktails, Bike Rides and Wellness Fairs: This Week's Top Five Best Bets
Don't have plans for the weekend yet? Check out these great events happening in Lake Forest and Lake Bluff!
1) DIY Cocktail Class: Grand Cru Wine Merchants in Lake Forest is hosting a cocktail class! Learn how to make concoctions that will wow attendees at any happy hour. Christophe Bukanas, owner of Local Wine Co., will be mixing and blending his small batch of handmade spirits. No RSVP needed. Grand Cru Wine Merchants, 840 S. Waukegan Rd, Lake Forest, Nov. 2 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., Nov. 3 6 p.m. and 7 p.m., FREE.
2) Miss Representation Documentary Screening: The Lake Forest Academy’s Harlow Society (a student-led group that promotes gender equality) will be hosting a free viewing of this award-winning documentary. The film exposes how mainstream media contributes to the underrepresentation of women in positions of power in America. The Harlow Society will lead attendees in a discussion following the screening. Lake Forest Academy, 1500 W. Kennedy Rd, Lake Forest, Nov. 2 7 p.m., FREE.
3) 45 Mile Group Bike Ride: Activator Cycles will be leading a coached group ride this weekend. The ride is open to all abilities, but you should expect to ride 45 miles within three hours. Bring your road bike! Activator Cycles, 79 E. Scranton Ave., Lake Bluff, Saturday, Nov. 3, 7:30 a.m., FREE.
4) LEAD’s 5th Annual Red Ribbon Race: Come enjoy the day in Middlefork Savannah Forest Preserve with a race and walk for the whole family! The race and walk both begin and end at Elaway Farm- food, music and a goody bag are included – plus a free t-shirt to all individual participants! There are awards for top finishers in each age group. Dogs, strollers and tricycles are all welcome on the 2 mile walk. Proceeds benefit LEAD. Elawa Farm Park, Middlefork Dr. and Jensen Dr., Lake Forest. Nov. 3, 9 a.m. Fees vary, register online at http://www.leadingefforts.org/rrr
5) Taste of Wellness Fair: Immediately following the Red Ribbon Race will be the first annual Taste of Wellness Fair, featuring more than 20 local vendors who are coming together to provide wellness opportunities for family – including free food and activities. Come meet Dunkin, the Lake Forest police dog, face painting, balloon animals, hot chocolate and music! Elawa Farm and Middlefork Savannah Forest Preserve, 1401 Middlefork Road, Lake Forest, Nov. 3, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., FREE.