Lake County Forest Preserves Moves to New Location
The Lake County Forest Preserves consolidates eight offices into one.
The Lake County Forest Preserve has consolidated its eight offices that were scattered around Lake County and moved staff to a central location in Libertyville.
The new general offices, located at 1899 W. Winchester Road, opened Monday and house nearly 100 Forest Preserve staffers responsible for administration, planning, natural resources, land acquisition, public information, education and registration, as well as a public meeting room. The Lake County Discovery Museum will also move to this location in the near future.
Work groups will be moved to the new location over the next two weeks. The full move is expected to be completed by Nov. 4.
In February 2010, the Forest Preserve Board of Commissioners approved the purchase of 6.59 acres and an existing vacant office building on Winchester Road between Butterfield Road and Route 45 in Libertyville, for $4.1 million to consolidate eight of the district's offices and for future relocation of the Lake County Discovery Museum. Former offices were scattered across the county, many in converted farm houses nearing the end of their useful life, and needing $900,000 worth of repairs and long-term renovations.
Although many everyday transactions can be handled on the Lake County Forest Preserves website (LCFPD.org), such as picnic shelter reservations, Dog Exercise Area, equestrian and other permits, purchasing bids and job applications, they can also be handled in person at the new General Offices and at the Operations and Public Safety Facility in Lindenhurst.
Information provided by Lake County Forest Preserve District.