UPDATE: Lake Forest, Lake Bluff: Number of Homes Without Power Significantly Reduced
CROYA, Gorton, Rec and Fitness Center, and Deerpath Golf Course remain without power.
For estimated restore times, the City says to call ComEd at 1-800-334-7661.
In addition, the release stated:
- City crews have been removing trees blocking streets and public right-of-ways (including parkways and sidewalks). Any trees or large limbs that are down on private property and too large to be moved to the parkway must be removed by a private contractor unless the tree was on City property and fell onto private property or power lines.
- Tree branches no larger than 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length will continue to be accepted at the curb at no charge through Tuesday, June 28. Any trees or limbs that have fallen onto power lines must be removed by ComEd. Do not approach these power lines as they are live and extremely dangerous.
- Materials can be brought to the Compost Center this weekend (open Saturdays, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sundays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.). Branches must be no larger than 6 inches in diameter and 4 feet in length. As a reminder, residents must have a vehicle sticker and all Compost Center rules will continue to be in effect.
- During this recovery period and until electricity is restored, temporary generators have been approved for use.
- Currently, several businesses and buildings are without power, including the Recreation Center, Fitness Center, CROYA, Gorton and Deerpath Golf Course.
And this good tip from a Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch reader:
- People should be mindful that the heavy winds also weakened large branches that haven't fallen yet. They should exercise due dilligence and caution by walking around their yard and looking for branches about to fall. After a storm like the one we had...it wouldn't take much to bring down a weakened branch and someone could be seriously injured or killed.
Continue to check the City’s website for updates.
For assistance with tree debris removal, contact the Public Works department at: (847) 810-3542 or email@example.com.