Show Us Your Pink Pride on the North Shore
Show your support for Breast Cancer Awareness Month by uploading photos of your and/or your family and friends supporting the cause.
Showing off your pink pride during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month is a favorite thing to do with survivors and supporters alike.
Also, countless numbers of people show support of Breast Cancer Awareness by participating in fundraising events. Have you strapped on your pink running shoes for the Komen Race for the Cure? If a walk is more your speed, how about the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure? Have you joined a local support group? Have you joined efforts with other supporters to hold a fundraiser or night out?
Around the North Shore several events have helped raise awareness and support for breast cancer research including:
- The 2012 Making Strides Against Breast Cancer for the North Shore October 21.
- The 2012 TREK Breast Cancer Awareness Ride October 13 which began in Highland Park.
- The Embrace the Race 5K Run / Walk to benefit the Northshore Kellogg Cancer Center on October 21 in downtown Highland Park.
- A Wilmette resident shares her 'action plan' for breast cancer patients.
- Some North Shore shops offered specials and deals for Breast Cancer Awareness month.
- Many breast cancer support groups around the North Shore are meeting every week.
We want you to tell us your story in the comments below. How do you participate and show your pink pride in the community?
Don't forget to print out the image of the attached Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon to show your support! Post it in the window of your home or on a community bulletin board around town.