Wine, Chicken and Coffee: Your Top Five Best Bets for the Weekend
Don't have plans for this weekend? Check out our top five best bets for the weekend ahead!
1) Friday Night Live for Middle School Kids: For better or for worse, we all probably remember middle school dances. Now’s the time for the middle schooler in your life to join in on the fun. The Lake Bluff Parks District is hosting ‘Friday Night Live,’ a fun-filled event for middle school students featuring a DJ, dancing, karaoke, basketball, dodgeball, raffle prizes and more. And don’t worry, moms and dads – the event will be supervised, and parents must check their child in and out of the event. Friday, Nov. 9, 6:30-10 p.m., Lake Bluff Park District, 355 West Washington Ave., Lake Bluff. $10 pre-registered or $13 at the door. Find out more at http://www.lakebluffparks.org
2) ‘The Chicken Bone’ at Lake Forest College: Come watch some of Lake Forest College’s finest theater talent this weekend at this brand new show inspired by LFC’s ‘food theme’ this year. You can check out the video trailer here. Who knows, you may just spot the next big star! Friday at 8 p.m., Saturday at 3 p.m. and 8 p.m., Lake Forest College, 555 N. Sheridan Road, $3 for non-LFC students, alumni and senior citizens. $7 for non-affiliated adults. Call the Theater Department Box Office at (847)735-6169 to reserve tickets.
3) Veteran’s Day in Lake Bluff: Come commemorate Veteran’s Day with the Lake Bluff American Legion Post 510. The program will feature guest speakers, the LFHS band, State Senator Susan Garrett and State Representative Karen May. The names of local Iraq and Afghanistan casualties will be read. Sunday, Nov. 11 at 9 a.m. at 40 E. Center Ave, Lake Bluff.
4) Lake Forest Symphony Guild Wine Tasting Party: Join the Lake Forest Symphony for a wine tasting party at the home of Val and Dick Hobbs. Hors D’oeuvres and wines will be served for $30 per person, with all proceeds going to support the Lake Forest Symphony. RSVP at (847) 295-2707 and firstname.lastname@example.org. Sunday Nov. 11, 5 p.m. 645 Dimmeydale Dr., Deerfield.
5) Coffee Run: Start your Sunday off with a healthy run! The one hour run leaves at 7 a.m., and is followed by a social coffee or tea at Caribou Coffee. The event is organized by the triathlon club, Med Fit Racing. Sunday Nov. 11, 7 a.m., 620 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest. Free.