You’ve been burning the candle at both ends for months. Work has been crazy and the demands at home are at an all time high.
You’re feeling short-tempered, exhausted, and depressed. Sleep is not restful and you’re living on caffeine, carbs and adrenaline to get through the day.
You are not alone; 8 in 10 women suffer from this fatigue epidemic called adrenal fatigue. Since many physicians do not recognize this energy-draining condition, millions remain undiagnosed.
The adrenal glands produce hormones cortisol and norepinephrine during times of stress. These hormones also balance your blood sugar which helps your body manage the daily flow of energy. After years of nonstop tension, the adrenals burn out leaving a constant state of exhaustion.
Symptoms of adrenal fatigue include:
- Non-refreshing sleep/sleep disturbances
- Feeling rundown/overwhelmed/exhausted
- Difficulty concentrating/brain fog
- Low stamina
- Craving salty or sweet foods
- Extreme PMS or increased perimenopausal symptoms e.g. hot flashes,
- breast tenderness
- Weight gain/poor digestion
- Increased susceptibility to illness
Many physicians will offer sleep aids, anti-anxiety or anti-depressants medications to treat the symptoms but this does not fix the cause. These burned out glands need lots of support and rest to recuperate from the years of stress they have been under.
Heal your adrenals:
- Avoid stimulants
- Eat plenty of protein, good fats and only complex carbohydrates in 5 or more meals a day
- Get plenty of rest
- Go to bed by 10 pm to keep the adrenals from late night surges
- Carve out quiet time to de-stress and meditate every day
There is no quick fix but with conscious reflection, priority setting, proper diet and rest you and your adrenals will be back on track to an optimal state of health.
If you want to learn more about a health-based fat loss program contact me or check us out @ www.genesistransformation.com.