Holidays should bring us feelings of love and cheer, but more than likely we feel stress.
We place great demands on ourselves during the holidays attending the many needs of others. We focus on our multitude of tasks, lists and busyness and make little time for ourselves.
During these times of stress and chaos, it is especially important to take a step back, breathe, and implement self-care.
Here are some self-care tips for this holiday season.
- Start your day just 10 minutes earlier to meditate or just breathe in and out deeply.
- Set priorities:
- Put yourself on top and interspersed throughout every to-do list.
- Eliminate the ‘nice to do’ tasks and ask yourself “will it really matter next month?
- Eat clean and avoid alcohol.
- Eat regularly through the day; scheduling mealtime if necessary.
- Pre-plan for parties by bringing your own food or eating prior to the party.
- Avoid the food display temptation by conversing in a different room.
- Enjoy a sparkling water with a splash of cranberry in place of the wine or alcoholic beverage.
- Schedule time for a walk or exercise.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Schedule a manicure, massage, yoga session or even a nap.
- Practice deep breathing at least 3-4 times during the day.
- Say no without an excuse.
- Delegate chores to other family members.
- Take 10 minutes at the end of each day to journal and plan tomorrow’s menu.
Self-care is imperative to your physical and mental well-being. Nourishing ourselves is truly the best gift one can give to themselves and to others this holiday season.
If you want to learn more about a health-based fat loss program, contact me or check us out @ www.genesistransformation.com.