Invite a friend
EXPAND YOUR CONNECTIONS – Building Your Network
Facilitated by: Marc Silver, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg
The best strategy for building relationships is helping others solve their problems. Marc, a litigator, describes his role as helping clients find solutions to their problems. Reframe your thinking about what networking is all about. “Show up” and you might be surprised to find the information and connections you are looking for while helping others in their quest for new employment. Come with specifics on what you are looking for, your inventive ideas, handbills, and business cards.
Marc S. Silver is a partner in the Chicago office of Barnes & Thornburg LLP and a member of the firm’s Litigation Department and White Collar Crime Defense Practice Group. He represents individuals, business entities, and non-profit organizations in complex litigation matters throughout the country. Mr. Silver concentrates his practice on resolving corporate and commercial disputes. Mr. Silver graduated cum laude from the University of Rochester and received his JD degree cum laude from the University of Illinois College of Law.
FREE for all attendees
More About Career Resource Center
Located at the Grove Cultural Campus, a complex of serene, stately buildings on Old Mill Road, the Career Resource Center has aided more than 10,500 people over two decades. The center specializes in helping people find new employment and offers private advising sessions, interview preparation, educational programs, job search roundtables, software training and more. The Career Resource Center employs one full-time and three part-time employees and also has more than 100 volunteers. Members of the center have access to a reference library, consultation offices, a computer lab, a conference room, a work area for research and a break room.
Other events here
- YES YOU CAN NEGOTIATE A JOB OFFER! Wed, May 29, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- REINVENT YOURSELF – BE YOUR OWN BRAND Wed, Jun 5, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- ADVANCED LINKEDIN TOOLS – FAST TRACK YOUR SEARCH EFFORTS Mon, Jun 10, 1:30 pm–3:30 pm
- EXPAND YOUR CONNECTIONS – Building Your Network Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- USE YOUR EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE: LAND THE JOB Wed, Jun 12, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- PASSING THE PHONE SCREEN Mon, Jun 17, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- CREATING A RESUME WITH IMPACT! Mon, Jun 24, 10:15 am–11:45 am