Invite a friend
Kenosha's Historic Streetcars
Kenosha leads the worldwide renaissance of urban electric railways.
Kenosha's five ex-Toronto PCC streetcars in historic livery are
• 4606 (Chicago Surface Lines 'Green Hornet')
• 4609 (Pittsburgh Railways Company)
• 4610 (Toronto Transit Commission 'Red Rocket')
• 4615 (Johnstown Traction Company)
• 4616 (Cincinnati Street Railway)
Kenosha's top tourist attractions ply the scenic two-mile route from the Joseph McCarthy Transit Center, serving
• The Metra Station
• Pearl Street Historic District
• "Lawyers Row"
• Reuther Central High School
• Civic Center Historic District
• Courthouse and Administration Building
• The Sheridan Road "Golden Mile"
• Central Post Office
• Market Square
• Downtown shopping districts
• The 1927 Rhode Opera House
• The new Public Museum and Civil War Museum
• La Place de Douai
• Lake Michigan shoreline attractions including playgrounds, fountains and sculptures
• New HarborPark condominiums
• Celebration Place
• Navy Park
• Veterans Fountain,
• and stunning views of the 1866 Southport Lighthouse and 1906 Coast Guard Pierhead Light, and of Lake Michigan itself.
Daily service; call (262) 653-4287 for schedules.
• Joseph McCarthy Transit Center (carhouse, substation, shops):
724 54th Street, Kenosha.