Invite a friend
TIPS FROM A RECRUITER: Your Formula for Success
Presented by: Cathleen Faerber, Principal of Wellesley Group
Cathleen believes a successful job search requires a “holistic” approach, one that depends on attitude and execution to achieve results: A + E = R. She will discuss strategies on successfully executing a job search, from dealing with recruiters, “getting around” on-line applications, building a successful network, plus tips on resumes and interviewing. Because Cathleen works closely with her corporate clients and began her career in HR, she understands what employers expect of candidates.
Cathleen Faerber, started The Wellesley Group, Inc., 20+ years ago as a boutique executive search firm dedicated to quality and timely search services to companies of all sizes and complexities. She has expertise in the fields of healthcare, manufacturing, financial/professional services, pharmaceuticals, and consumer products — to name a few. Cathleen is a graduate of DePaul University with a B.A. in Business.
Free for members; $10 for non-members
|Where||Career Resource Center 40 E Old Mill Rd, Lake Forest, IL 60045|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||1:30 pm–3:00 pm|
|Price||Free for members; fee for non-members|
More About Career Resource Center
Located at the Grove Cultural Campus, a complex of serene, stately buildings on Old Mill Road, the Career Resource Center has aided more than 10,500 people over two decades. The center specializes in helping people find new employment and offers private advising sessions, interview preparation, educational programs, job search roundtables, software training and more. The Career Resource Center employs one full-time and three part-time employees and also has more than 100 volunteers. Members of the center have access to a reference library, consultation offices, a computer lab, a conference room, a work area for research and a break room.
Other events here
- OUT-OF-WORK AND OVER-40 Tue, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- CREATING A RESUME WITH IMPACT! Wed, May 22, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- YES YOU CAN NEGOTIATE A JOB OFFER! Wed, May 29, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- REINVENT YOURSELF – BE YOUR OWN BRAND Wed, Jun 5, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- ADVANCED LINKEDIN TOOLS – FAST TRACK YOUR SEARCH EFFORTS Mon, Jun 10, 1:30 pm–3:30 pm
- EXPAND YOUR CONNECTIONS – Building Your Network Tue, Jun 11, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- PASSING THE PHONE SCREEN Mon, Jun 17, 10:15 am–11:45 am
- CREATING A RESUME WITH IMPACT! Mon, Jun 24, 10:15 am–11:45 am