Lake Forest resident Amie Marks, mompreneur, Chicago Magazine 5-star wealth manager, and registered principal and financial advisor with Raymond James Financial Services, is bringing Chicago area "Women In The Know" together to discuss world issues, current events and timely topics. Whether a stay-at-home mom, an elderly well-traveled woman, a professional or someone wanting to get back into the workplace, Women in the Know offers an open platform for any woman to stay current in today’s fast paced world.
“One woman may have knowledge, strength and success…many women together can move mountains,” said Marks, who identified a need for women to connect and discuss intellectual subjects. “As a financial planner I meet with all types of women from stay at home moms to CEOs of Fortune 500 companies that have so much to learn from one another. Women in the Know is the platform to get these amazing people together to communicate and share perspectives on some of life’s timely issues.”
Marks organized Women In The Know for women to share in discussions about valuable topics in society today. Women are welcome to participate in a genuine, non-judgmental, and educational get-off-the-couch conversation that will inspire them to raise questions, share opinions and speak in solutions.
Women in the Know will kick-off the first in a sequence of three-month-long series in September with a fall focus on:
- September: What’s in Our Food? – an Exploration of Monsanto, GMOs, Organics and Packaging
- October: Women’s Health Issue’s – How Our Choices Affect Us
- November: An Update on the U.S. Healthcare System and Taking Control of Your Wellness
The free lunch forums will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Forest Park at Café DeLuca (7427 Madison St.) Sept. 18, Oct. 16 and Nov. 13, and in Lake Forest at The Lake Forest Club (554 N. Westmoreland Road) Sept. 19, Oct. 17 and Nov. 14, and from 5-7 p.m. for wine and cheese in Downtown Chicago at Union League Club of Chicago (65 W Jackson Blvd.) Sept. 26, Oct. 24 and Nov. 21.
Women in the Know Forums will occur year-long in three-month series from September-November, January-March and May-July. Future topics will include:
- January, February, March: Women’s issues in foreign countries – giving U.S. women a world look at the real treatment of women in foreign countries - women in slavery, the exploitation of women for business, women oppressed.
- May, June, July: Women’s inhumanity to women – The conflict between the working and the stay at home moms - we stifle our own progression and "women power" by not standing behind each other. Are we our own worst enemy?
Women in the Know Forums are open to the public. To reserve a space or for more information call (708) 524-9374, e-mail Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.WomenInTheKnowForum.com, which will soon have information. Topics are subject to change.