1) Free Concert at Lake Bluff Music: Jumpstart your weekend with an evening of fun, friends and local musicians at Lake Bluff Music. Bands performing include Reactavox (an art rock duo featuring Nick and Shelia Christofalos), Color 5 (an alternative punk band from the Chicagoland area) and fan favorite Matt Morettini. Plus, Lake Bluff Music is the perfect venue for an intimate-feeling concert – just don’t ask the bands to play “Freebird.” Friday, Dec. 7, Lake Bluff Music, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. FREE.
2) Miracle on 34th St. Radio Show: Few things are as entertaining as a live play radio show, and this CenterStage production definitely won’t be an exception to that rule. Arrive early for holiday refreshments and to write a letter to Santa himself! Friday and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m., Gorton Community Center, Tickets are $15 for students/seniors and $20 for adults when pre-ordered at http://www.CenterStageLakeForest.org or by phone at (847) 234-6062. All tickets purchased at the door cost $25.
3) Holiday Shopping at the Deer Path Art League: Where can you find gifts for your fashionista niece, your art-snob co-worker AND your hard-to-shop-for significant other? At the Deer Path Art League, of course! The sale truly has something for everyone, ranging from jewelry to collages – and everything in between. Bonus – complimentary holiday treats will be served! Saturday, Dec. 8, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Deer Path Art League and Gallery, FREE.
4) West Lake Forest Book Signing and Lecture: History really comes alive when it happened right beneath your feet. Come learn more about the rich history of Lake Forest with a lecture and book signing by West Lake Forest authors Susan Kelsey, Arthur Miller and Shirley Paddock. As a bonus, the book will be on sale for a special premier price of $20. Sunday, Dec. 9, 2 p.m. Elawa Farm Foundation, FREE.
5) Coffee Run: Really work for that first cup of caffeine this weekend – join the Med Fit Racing triathlon club on a one hour, go-your-own-pace run, which concludes at Caribou Coffee. Sunday Dec. 9, 7 a.m., 620 N. Western Ave, Lake Forest, FREE
Find more awesome events happening in the area, or even add your own on our events calendar here. And don't forget to 'like' the Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch on Facebook for more information on upcoming events.