1) 14th Annual Betty Ball: The Friends of Mothers Trust Foundation is holding it’s much-anticipated biggest fundraiser of the year – a real life CLUE game. Those who solve the mystery will be entered to win a brand new iPad, and all who attend will get to enjoy tastings of food from Lake Forest and Lake Bluff restaurants, as well as an open bar and entertainment with “Dan the Piano Man”, Oct. 12, Calvin Durand Hall at Lake Forest College, 7-11 p.m., $85 at the door.
2) A LEGO Experience: The Farnsworth House: As part of the Lake Forest Lake Bluff Historical Society’s annual Local Legends program, the society is hosting a children’s LEGO architectural program featuring the iconic Farnsworth House. The price of ticket includes a LEGO kit of the Farnsworth House.Saturday, Oct. 20, 2 p.m., Gorton Community Center, 400 East Illinois Rd in Lake Forest, $30 for LF-LB Historical Society family members, $35 for non-members. Reservations are required and seating is limited.
3) 45 Mile Group Bike Ride: Enjoy the perfect October fall weather and join the Activator Cycle Club and Med Fit Racing’s 45-mile coached group ride. The ride is on a road, so make sure to bring your road bike. Saturday, Oct. 13, 7:30 a.m., Activator Cycles, 79 E. Scranton Ave., Lake Bluff, FREE
4) Ragdale ArtWalk and Open House: Enjoy an “arts adventure” featuring sculptures, open studios and historic homes. Come meet the artists-in-residence and see their work. Also visit the recently restored Ragdale House, the summer home of architect Howard Van Doren Shaw. Light refreshments are provided. Sunday, Oct. 14, 2-4 p.m., Ragdale House at 1230 N. Green Bay Road, Lake Forest. $20 per person, Free for Lake Forest residents, Chicago Sculpture International members and children under $12. Payable at the door.
5) Lake Forest Farmers Market: There’s no better time to hit up a farmer’s market than fall. Go buy your fair share of pumpkins, squash, apples and other autumn delights at this week’s LF Farmer’s Market. Saturday, Oct. 13, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m., East Lake Forest Metra Train Station Parking Lot, Free to enter