Looking for something to do this weekend? We've got the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time.
Check out our picks for activities to hit and new places to explore this weekend.
- Where / When: ; 9 a.m. - 11:30 p.m., Saturday (Oct. 1).
- Why Go?: Celebrate the Foresters' homecoming with a full day of activities. Parent breakfast, athletic Hall of Fame induction ceremony, tailgating, parade, picnic, family carnival, soccer and football game and more.
- Pricing: Some activities are free. Call 1-800-LFC-ALUM for more information.
- Where / When: Village Green Gazebo, East Scranton Avenue and East Center Avenue, Lake Bluff; 4 - 7 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1).
- Why Go?: Bring a blanket and relax at the park for this free concert by Bossa Tres. Food and cocktails will be available for purchase. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Bennu Legal Services and their efforts to assist local victims of domestic violence.
- Pricing: Free concert.
- Where / When: ; 5:30 - 10:30 p.m. Saturday (Oct. 1).
- Why Go?: Wear some cowboy boots and jeans and celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Equestrian Connection. Silent and live auction, dinner and entertainment. View the Creative Connection art exhibit with over 20 pieces of art created by individuals in the Equestrian Connection's Art Therapy program. All proceeds will help support future programs for families.
- Pricing: $110 per person.
- Where / When: ; 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday (Oct. 1 and 2).
- Why Go?: Classic thriller, professionally staged production of the 1966 Broadway hit and 1967 film starring Audrey Hepburn. Audience members will be on the edge of their seats with the suspense and drama in this script.
- Pricing: $35 - $37.50 per ticket.
- Where / When: ; 1 - 1:30 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 2).
- Why Go?: All species are welcome to receive a special blessing in the church's courtyard. Religious Education students will be collecting dry dog and cat food to be distributed with the Meals on Wheels program for people who are unable to purchase food for their pets.
- Pricing: Free, dog and cat food donations appreciated.
- Where / When: ; 1 - 5 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 2).
- Why Go?: Four hour combination dance marathon and fundraising event. Dance instruction from all cultures. Learn to Salsa, Belly Dance and more. Proceeds will go to Benny's World and the Lake Forest Dance Academy Development Fund.
- Pricing: $25 per person.
- Where/When: , Middle Campus, Lily Reid Holt Memorial Chapel; 3 - 6:30 p.m. Sunday (Oct. 2)
- Why Go?: The Newberry Consort is an early-music, original-instrument chamber ensemble affiliated with the Newberry Library Center for Renaissance Studies. The consort brings the Newberry Library’s music collection to the public in a world-class performance of music from the 13th to the 18th centuries.
- Pricing: $15 per person, at the door.
If we have missed any of your favorites, share them with us in the comments box below.