Looking for something to do this weekend? We've got the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time.
Check out our picks for activities to hit and new places to explore this weekend.
- Where/When: , 21950 N. Riverwoods Road, Riverwoods; 10 - 11 a.m. Saturday, (April 23).
- Why Go?: Learn about the green construction of the Welcome Center during a one-hour guided tour.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: , 400 E. Illinois Road, Lake Forest; 5 p.m. Saturday (April 23).
- Why Go?: Talented local dancers perform along with special guest performances by Inside Chicago Dance, Piel Morena Contemporary Dance, CIC Senior Company and North Shore Dance Senior Company.
- Pricing: $15 per person.
- Where/When:, College of Lake County, 19351 W. Washington St., Grayslake; 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday (April 22-23).
- Why Go?: Six comedic vignettes designed, directed and performed by students.
- Pricing: $10 for general admission; $8 for CLC students/staff, seniors 65 and over.
- Where/When:, Black Box Theatre, 735 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville; 8-9 p.m. Saturday (April 23).
- Why Go?: The Improv Playhouse, in association with The GreenStick Theatre Company, presents "The Gathering: The Last Hour of the Last Supper."
- Pricing: $18.50 for adults, $12.50 for students/seniors/military if purchased in advance; $20 for adults, $15 for students/seniors/military at the door.
- Where/When: , Libertyville; 8-9:30 a.m. Saturday (April 23).
- Why Go?: Kick-off the 2011 Chicago Trail Series of competitive outdoor trail races by participating in this four-miler race in Libertyville.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: Bob Chinn's Crab House, 393 S. Milwaukee Ave., Wheeling; Friday (April 22).
- Why Go: Annual Crabfest at Bob Chinn's, proceeds help the Jaycees fund community events. Price includes choice of snow crab legs or crab legs and prime rib, parsley potatoes, cole slaw and garlic rolls. Tickets are not sold at the restaurant. visit www.wheelingjaycees.org for information.
- Pricing: $22 per person.
- Where/When: 150 E. Wood St., Palatine; 8 p.m. Saturday, (April 23); 3 p.m. Sunday (April 24).
- Why Go?: See one of the most popular and enduring masterpieces created for the musical theatre. Experience the unique and exquisite production, Theatre Nebula and Music On Stage theatre companies' first collaboration, that tells the story of the final seven days in the life of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Pricing: $20 for adults, $17 for seniors, $18 for children if purchased in advance; $22 for adults, $19 for seniors, $20 for children if purchased at the door.
- Where/When:Viper Alley, 275 Parkway Drive, Lincolnshire; 8:15-11 p.m. Saturday (April 23).
- Why Go?: Infinity plays the hits by Bon Jovi, REO Speedwagon, Boston, Journey and Van Halen. Food and beverages, including a full bar, will be available for purchase.
- Pricing: $10 per person.
And if you still want more, check out our family-friendly Gthat's refreshed every Wednesday. If we have missed any of your favorites, please share them with us in the comment box below.