Whether you are a diehard Giants fan or live for the Patriots, or if you just want to get out and have fun, check out one of these great Lake County hot spots with super deals for the Super Bowl:
- Where: 105 S. Cook St., Barrington
- Why Go: McGonigal's has huge new HDTVs and offers a friendly atmosphere with great food. There are options for a bar and food package or just "pay as you go."
- Info: McGonigal's Pub
- Where: 100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington
- Why Go: Watch the game at Pinstripes and bowl for free.
- Info: Pinstripes
- Where: 350 McHenry Road, Buffalo Grove
- Why Go: Watch the game on huge TV screens on the bowling lanes. Food and drink specials will be offered.
- Where: 48 Raupp Boulevard, Buffalo Grove
- Why Go: Watch the game on big-screen TVs. Drink specials will be offered. An all-you-can-eat "mega buffet" begins at half-time for $9.99.
- Where: 161 Center Street, Grayslake
- Why Go: Emil's will be holding a raffle for a Bears recliner and a 46" TV. Every time you purchase a drink, you get a raffle ticket. You must be present to win. They will also be serving $3 23-ounce Miller Lites.
- Where: 129 Center Street, Grayslake
- Why Go: They give out free food at halftime for anyone who drinks at the bar. Having a good view of the game is easy as they have nine plasma TVs, a huge projector TV on the wall and three regular TVs in the back room.
- Info: www.lastchancegrill.com
- Where: 116 S Il Route 83, Grayslake
- Why Go: Join in the all-family Super Bowl party starting at 5 p.m. until the game ends. We will be featuring discounts on kids meals, tokens for the game room, wings and brats and discounted Beer (all day). We will also be debuting two new appetizers: Garlic/Parmesan Breadsticks adn Mango-Habanero-BBQ Chicken Wings. Bring a canned good to donate to the Avon Food Pantry.
- Where: 101 Center Street, Grayslake
- Why Go: Bloody Mary specials and Super Sunday deals.
- Info: www.thevineofgrayslake.com
- Where: 768 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest
- Why Go: Neighborhood tavern is a great place for friends to gather and watch the game. $1.50 domestic draft during the game along with a raffle featuring Budweiser chairs, coolers, T-shirts plus halftime food specials.
- Info: (847) 234-9844
- Where: 24 E. Scranton Ave., Lake Bluff
- Why Go: Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Grecian-Style Chicken Wings, Assorted Schmears, Cheeses, Salamis, & Crakers, Amazing Craft Beers & Small Production Wines, & Fresh Baked Breads.
- Where: 525 Rockland Road, Lake Bluff
- Why Go: Free halftime buffet, prizes, drink specials.
- Info: http://aleksrestaurant.com/
- Where: 502 N. Western Ave., Lake Forest
- Why Go: One of the best places to see the bar. Multiple flat-screen TVs, good bar food and drink specials.
- Info: (847) 234-3444
- Where: 5 Skokie Valley Road, Lake Bluff
- Why Go: Owned by the same guy who operates Chief's Pub. Just a few months old, but has the screens for the game, along with the food and drink.
- Info: (224) 544-5391
- Where: 515 Rockland Road, Lake Bluff
- Why Go: God food, bound to have a drink special and there are a few screens available for watching the game.
- Info: (847) 234-0225
- Where: 405 N. Rand Road, Lake Zurich
- Why Go: Enjoy the casual atmosphere with six big-screen televisions throughout the restaurant to watch the game on. Free appetizers and bucket specials starting at noon on game day.
- Info: www.jjtwigslakezurich.com
- Where: 500 Ela Road, Lake Zurich
- Why Go: Celebrate the Super Bowl by going Greek! Menalon has two big screen televisions in the bar area, and patrons can enjoy complimentary Greek appetizers and buffalo wings, along with drink specials.
- Info: Menalon Greek Restaurant
- Where: 84 N. Old Rand, Lake Zurich
- Why Go: Root your favorite team on while enjoying Italian beef, mostaccioli and other comfort food, compliments of Score Board Bar & Grill. Drink specials and giveaways also help kick-off the Super Bowl Sunday celebration starting at 5p.m.
- Where: 481 Peterson Rd., Libertyville
- Why Go: The Saloon offers $2 Bud family pints and $2.50 23oz. domestic drafts.
- Info: www.AustinSaloon.com
- Where: 431 S. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville
- Why Go: The low-key bar offers big screen TVs, pool tables and daily drink specials.
- Info: 847-362-4020
- Where: 412 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville
- Why Go: The pub has been serving handcrafted beer since 1994 and offers daily specials.
- Info: www.MickeyFinnsBrewery.com
- Where: 532 N. Milwaukee Ave., Libertyville
- Why Go: The neighborhood pub offers a menu of bar food staples and a vast beer selection. $2 domestic bottles and $1.50 lite and genuine mugs specials on Sunday.
- Info: www.MorgansBarandGrill.com