Courtesy of Mark David Designs
The holiday season is finally upon us, and Mark David Designs of Lake Forest, offers simple and easy decorating tips to fill any home with holiday spirit. “It’s not done until it’s overdone,” and “Be consistent with décor and color themes throughout the home,” are mottos Mark David decorates by. Follow these easy guidelines to take your home from the every day to a winter wonderland.
- First impressions last a lifetime, or in the case of home decorating, until a guest walks through the front door. So why not make the greatest impact with a beautiful wreath or classy swag on the entryway. Nothing says ‘welcome to my home for the holidays’ like an inviting doorway. Pre-made wreaths are available in a variety of sizes and designs, or can be customized to match any décor. They can be hung in windows, on light posts, mailboxes and the garage, to create a welcoming holiday home exterior.
- Once guests have been impressed upon arrival, make sure to captivate their senses as they take the first step into your home with the aroma of seasonal scented candles. Candles can be placed throughout the house to give that cozy glow and warm the home. Place them as centerpieces on tables, in hallways, or the powder room and kitchen to neutralize smells. You can never have too many candles, as long as you stick to one scent, or complimentary bouquets, to not overwhelm. Choose from many of Mark David’s holiday scents that smell too delicious. Be sure to be consistent with the color and scent of the
- On to the center of attention in any holiday home, the Christmas tree. Not only is it the focal point of many seasonal gatherings, it should carry the main color theme of a home’s holiday décor. Be creative and pick colors that go with the palette throughout your home. Instead of the traditional green and red, try a more sophisticated look with taupe and silver or gold. Do not distract with dozens of different ornaments. Pick four or five decorations, oversized ornamental balls for instance, to fill the tree.
- Bows are big, and can add that little accent to stairways, interior doors, chandeliers, fireplace mantels and candlesticks. Ribbon comes in almost any color so you can be consistent to match your holiday theme. Make sure to choose high quality wired ribbon to make unique shaped bows that will last for years to come.
- Pull out old crystal bowls to add simple touches of elegance throughout the home. Fill them with colorful and holiday-themed ornaments, incorporate fresh scented greens, or fill them with holiday candies.
Mark David Designs features an exceptional seasonal showroom of holiday home accents including custom made wreaths, swags, bows and silk floral arrangements. Mark David welcomes anyone into his ‘home’ to share decorating ideas for the holidays. Happy decorating