.

Dryer Fire Damages Home on Keith Lane

No one was injured but the fire caused up to $5,000 in damages.

A clothes dryer caught on fire at a home in the  200 block of South Keith Lane Thursday afternoon, causing heavy smoke to fill the residence. No one was injured and the fire was quickly put out.

A press release from the Lake Forest Fire Department reads:

A fire was found inside a clothes dryer with flames starting to impinge on the surrounding walls of the room. A quick fire attack by the first arriving engine company with a dry chemical extinguisher and a water pump can quickly put out the fire. It was determined that all occupants safely exited the house and it was determined there were no life safety concerns. The crews on scene ventilated the structure of smoke and performed salvage and overhaul operations. A preliminary fire investigation was conducted and there was an estimated loss between $3000 to $5000 of property and contents.

For the latest Lake Forest-Lake Bluff news, sign up for our morning newsletter, ”Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »