.

Fire at Lake Forest Library Causes Minor Damages

A sprinkler prevented the fire from spreading the evening of Jan. 14 at the Lake Forest Library.

A broken light bulb fell on a chair and set it on fire Tuesday night at the Lake Forest Library.

The Lake Forest Fire Department was called to the scene around 9:15 p.m. when a maintenance man reported heavy smoke in the building, according to a statement from the City of Lake Forest.

Firefighters found heavy smoke in the northeast portion of the library and confirmed that all occupants were out of the building. Interior crews found the smoldering chair in the employee’s break room. A single sprinkler head controlled the spread of the fire, according to the city. 

Minimal fire damage occurred except in the back portion of the building, which was flooded with about two inches of water. Fire crews performed salvage and water evacuation. Six area fire departments assisted in the cleanup.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something