A Northfield man facing , has surrendered to Northfield Police.
James P. Harvey, 21, turned himself in on Dec. 19 on a $15,000 warrant out of DeKalb County for hazing not sanction by institution and hazing with bodily harm, police said. Harvey was released after posting $1,500 cash bond, or 10 percent of the bond, and was issued a Dec. 28 court date in DeKalb County, police said.
Harvey, of 1717 Colonial Ln., Northfield, is vice president of Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity where NIU freshman Bogenberger was found dead on Nov. 2. He was among the five fraternity leaders who were issued a Class 4 felony arrest warrant.
. The NIU freshman’s death has been determined to be alcohol and hazing-related. Autopsy results showed that Bogenberger had a blood alcohol content of 0.351, close to five times the legal limit for drivers, Northern Star, the NIU daily paper reported.
Want to stay up to date on Northfield news? Let us make it easy by sending it straight to your inbox or Facebook page. Sign up for the Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch's newsletter or "like us" on Facebook.
- Alexander M. Jandik, 21, of Naperville, fraternity president
- James P. Harvey, 21, of DeKalb, fraternity vice president
- Omar Salameh, 21, of DeKalb, fraternity pledge adviser
- Patrick W. Merrill, 19, of DeKalb, fraternity secretary
- Steven A. Libert, 20, of Naperville, event planner
According to the Northern Star, arrest warrants for Class A misdemeanor hazing were issued for the following people:
- Michael J. Phillip Jr., 20, of Western Springs
- Thomas F. Costello, 20, of Munster, Ind.
- David R. Sailor, 20, of Princeton
- Alexander D. Renn, 19, of Naperville
- Michael A. Marroquin, 20, of Roselle
- Estevan A. Diaz, 22, of South Beloit
- Hazel A. Vergaralope, 21, of DeKalb
- Michael D. Pfest, 23, of Chicago
- Andres Jiminez Jr., 19, of Glendale Heights
- Isaiah Lott, 19, of Cupertino, Calif.
- Andrew W. Bouleanu, 21, of Skokie
- Nicholas A. Sutor, 19, of DeKalb
- Nelson A. Irizarry, 19, of DeKalb
- Johnny P. Wallace, 20, of DeKalb
- Daniel S. Post, 20, of DeKalb
- Nsenzi Salasini, 20, of Mount Prospect
- Russ Coyner, 21, of DeKalb