11:30 a.m. July 11
Lake Forest and Lake Bluff residents were greeted by the power of Mother Nature for the second time this summer, downing trees and creating power outtages for more than 280,000 customers in the northern suburbs.
Green Bay Road, one of the main arteries between Lake Forest and Lake Bluff, is closed between Laurel Avenue and Alden Lane due to tree debris on the road and a dangling power line.
Crews have already been in the area and have moved tree limbs to the side of the road, but the power line issue remains.
- Most street lights are operational and compared to the , there is power in both downtown areas.
- There is no power at the intersection of Atkinson and Waukegan roads in Lake Bluff.
- There is a flashing red signal at Route 176 and Shagbark Road.
- In the 900 block of Oakwood Avenue in Lake Forest, a tree fell down in front of a house and miraculously appeared to create no structural damage.
- Artesian Park was littered with trees, including one at a house just behind the police station.
- In front of Lake Bluff Middle School, there was significant tree branch damage.
- Trees were reported down on Glenwood Avenue and Waveland Road in Lake Forest.