Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch will join the League of Women Voters - Lake Forest/Lake Bluff Area in offering a candidate forum featuring several from the two communities starting at 1:30 p.m. Sunday (Feb. 19) at Lake Bluff Elementary School, 350 W. Washington.
The list of candidates includes:
- 29th District State Senate: Democratic candidates Julie Morrison and Milton Sumption, 1:40-2:15 p.m.
- 58th District State Representative: Republican candidates Mark Neerhof and Lauren Turelli, 2:20 -2:55 p.m.
- 13th District Lake County Board: Democratic candidates Robert Glueckert, Sandy Hart and Anthony Soler, and Republican candidates David Barhausen and Rick Lesser.
The public is encouraged to attend and ask questions.
Many of the candidates have roots in Lake Forest and Lake Bluff, including Sumption (Lake Bluff), Neerhof (Lake Forest), Turelli (Lake Forest), Hart (Lake Bluff), Barkhausen (Lake Bluff) and Lesser (Lake Bluff). Morrison is from Deerfield.
Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch will be blogging live during the debate, allowing readers to participate remotely from their computers by asking questions that we can pass on to the candidates during the forum.
The live blog will begin at approximately 1:30 p.m. Make sure you are registered on Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch.
Readers are also welcome to email questions to Editor Jim Powers at firstname.lastname@example.org, or to the League of Women Voters-Lake Forest/Lake Bluff Area at email@example.com.
Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Patch will also co-sponsor a second candidate forum set for 1:30 p.m. March 4 at the Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Senior Center. The candidate lineup includes:
- Lake County State's Attorney: Democratic candidates Chris Kennedy, Reginald Mathews and Karen Boyd Williams, and Republican candidates Louise Hayes, Mike Nerheim and Bryan Winter.
- Lake County Coroner: Democratic candidates Thomas Rudd and Artis Yancy, and Republican candidates Steve Newton and Howard Cooper.