Lake Forest High School: Class of 2011
Class size: 420
Amount of money in scholarships earned: $82,750 in local scholarships.
Illinois State Scholars: 139
National Honor Society members: 124
Valedictorian: Madeline Aby
Salutatorian: Lily An
Class president: Catherine Kesman
It was a beautiful weekend in Lake Forest, and the afternoon sun and clear skies were the perfect backdrop for Lake Forest High School's 75th Graduation ceremonies on Saturday.
The front lawn of East Campus was filled with parents, family, and friends who stood and cheered as the Class of 2011 walked down the aisles. District 115 Superintendent Dr. Harry Griffith listed the class' accomplishments:
- The highest ACT Average Score for any graduating class
- 27 National Merit Scholars
- Three State athletic championships
- Numerous state musicians and athletes
- A national art award winner, whose work will hang in the hallways of the U.S. Congress for one year.
One by one, the students passed through the traditional Faculty Honor Guard to receive their diplomas. As teachers shook hands and hugged the new graduates, it was clear that the bond formed between them at Lake Forest High School would last a lifetime.