is sponsoring Shake Week to help celebrate the one-year anniversary of its opening in Deerfield.
When people dine at Tom & Eddie’s between 5 and 9 p.m. through June 6, five percent of all sales will be divided by the Deerfield Education Association and the Deerfield Parks Foundation. Ten percent of all shake sales for the month of June go to the organizations.
The winning shake will be determined by the one receiving the most sales for the week. It will be announced June 6 and be featured throughout June.
People have been submitting recipes for different milk shakes, which will be featured all week with the winning entry being served throughout the month of June.
Winning recipes from Deerfield Public Schools District 109 schools have been selected. They are:
- Friday, Shepard: Spartan Spirit Shake (submitted by Henry Shore and Koby Preston): A chocolate strawberry shake to honor Shepard’s school colors.
- Saturday, Kipling: Kipling Caramel Shake (submitted by Lucas Willet): A creamy caramel shake topped with mini chocolate chips and caramel drizzle.
- Sunday, South Park: I Want S'more (submitted by Jordyn Dane): The classic s’more with graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate, in a shake.
- Tuesday, Walden: Banana Split Shake (submitted by India Snow): Bananas (of course!), chocolate syrup, and strawberries, with whipped cream, nuts and a cherry on top.
- Wednesday, Wilmot: Grand Slam Shake (submitted by Tyler Lewis): Chocolate, M&M's, Oreos, topped with whipped cream and a cherry.