In continuous operation for more than eight decades now, the rich history of the Deer Path Inn goes back much further than that. Originally a privately owned mansion, it was built in 1860 to include dozens of guest rooms to allow the owners to entertain. After a lovingly detailed restoration in the early part of the 20th century, the hotel became more beautiful than ever.
Featuring an outdoor English garden, a stately ballroom, and a real English-style pub, Deer Path is one of the nations most revered hotels. It is currently under the protection of both the National Trust and the residents of Lake Forest, who love the Inn for its character and sense of history.
- Fax: 847-234-3352
- Hours: Lobby, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Reach: International, Local, National, Regional/commuter
- Facilities: ATMs/banks, Bars, Computer lounge, Entertainment, Lost & found, Luggage storage, Meeting rooms, Newstands, Recreational facilities, Restaurants, Shoe shine, Shops, Taxi dispatch
- Transportation: Shuttle, Taxi/limo
- Rental cars: No
- Parking: Free lot, Valet
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Group/family
- Level: Luxury/upscale
- Services: Bar/restaurant, Laundry service, Reservations, Room service
- Room features: Coffee maker, Internet connection, Safe
- Pets allowed: Yes