Lake Forest Academy
Lake Forest Academy is an independent, coed, college-preparatory boarding and day school for students in grades 9-12. Founded in 1857, LFA provides an intimate and challenging educational environment through small classes (average 12 students) and close contact between teachers and students.
Participation in athletics, clubs, arts, and leadership opportunities encourages the development of character and self-confidence. Distinguished by its diverse student body, LFA prepares citizens with the intellectual, cultural, and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the global community.
- Fax: 847-615-3202
- Hours: 24-hour access
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1857
- Number of students: 408
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 0
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9-post graduate
- Boarding: Yes
- Special education: No
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: 26 AP courses
- Student clubs: Chamber Choir, Chamber Ensemble Chamber Orchestra, Choral Music, Dance, Drama Club, Improvisation Group, Rock Band, String Ensemble, Tech Crew.
- Sports teams: Baseball, Basketball, Cheerleading, Cross-Country Running, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Wrestling