Lake Forest Parks & Recreation Department
The Lake Forest Parks & Recreation Department operates under the umbrella of the City of Lake Forest. The offices are housed within the Recreation Center building, offering a wide variety of programs for kids through adults.
In 2005, the Parks and Recreation Department was awarded the 2005 National Gold Medal Award by the American Academy for Park and Recreation Administration in partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association. The department was honored as the best in the category of communities under 25,000 in population.
Registration is available both in person and online.
The Park Board meets on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:30 p.m. at Lake Forest City Hall.
- Fax: 847-615-4251
- Hours: Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 4:30pm; Recreation Center: Mon - Thu, 8:30am - 9:30pm; Fri, 8:30am - 6pm; Sat, 8am - 4pm; Sun, closed Fitness Center Hours Monday-Thursday, 5:15 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. Fridays, 5:15 a
- Handicap Accessible: parking, restroom
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Beach, Benches, Boat dock, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds, Skating rink
- Permit requirements: see the website
- Area: 600 acres
- Features: Horseshoes, Jungle gym, Merry-go-round, See-saw, Shuffleboard, Slides, Swings
- Facilities (playgrounds): Benches, Restrooms, Tables
- Number of courses: 1
- Aggregate number of holes: 18
- Par: 70 for men, 72 for women
- Facilities: Driving range, Pro shop, Putting green, Restaurant
- Services: Equipment rentals, Golf carts, Group clinics, Kids' classes, Private instruction
- Tee settings: Men's, Women's
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No pets, No smoking