The Elawa Farm Foundation
Built in 1917, Elawa Farm was named as a composite of ELsa and A. Watson Armour. Elawa Farm was their weekend home, designed by David Adler, and featuring a style of a gentleman's farm which emphasized enjoying the pleasures of land ownership over a farm for profit.
In 1998, the city of Lake Forest purchased the 16 acre parcel including the original farm complex featuring the Wildlife Discovery Center, which has a variety of species ranging from reptiles to a bobcat.
The Garden Market runs through the end of October featuring crops from the grounds of Elawa Farm property, which has undergone a major restoration since 2009.
- Fax: 847-615-4289
- Hours: Fri - Sat, 10am - 4pm; Sun, noon - 4pm; Mon - Thu, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking, restroom
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Scope: Local, National, Regional
- Type: Animal causes, Environment, Public policy