1) Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital Holiday Boutique: It's mid-November, so the holiday shopping season is finally upon us! Lucky for you, over 35 vendors will be selling something for and all for a good cause - all proceeds will be supporting the Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital. Thurs. and Fri., 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sat. 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Lake Forest Parks and Recreation Department, 400 Hastings Rd., Lake Forest. $10 admission
2) "Art is…for Gifting" Opening Reception: Drawing a blank on what to buy for the art-lover on your list? The Deer Path Art League is hosting a Holiday Exhibit, with gifts that are one-of-a-kind! The exhibit features a wide variety of mediums - from jewelry to photography to oil paintings. Opening is Nov. 16, from 5-8 p.m. Deer Path Art League and Gallery, 400 E. Illinois Rd., Lake Forest. Free.
3) Barat College Lecture and Booksigning: Whether you're familiar with the story of Barat College or not, this Lake Forest-Lake Bluff Historical Society lecture is bound to be fascinating. Sister Martha Curry, the author, will be on hand to tell about the school that graduated its first class in 1920. Sun. Nov. 18, 3 p.m. Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart, 760 E. Westleigh Rd., Lake Forest. $20 for members, $30 for non-members. Price includes a copy of the book. Purchase online at http://www.lflbhistory.org.
4) Manners, Please!: You're never too young to learn your manners - which is why the Gorton Community Center is hosting this etiquette class for kids ages 8-14. Your child will learn everything from table manners to thank you notes. Nov. 17 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Gorton Community Center, 400 E. Illinois Rd, Lake Forest. $85 per child. Sign up here.
5) Lake Bluff Orphanage Talk & Movie: Most residents know that there used to be a large orphanage in Lake Bluff, but come learn more about it with a film and lecture. The event is sponsored by the Beta Upsilon chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma, an international women educators society. Sun. Nov. 18, 2 p.m. Lake Bluff Public Library, 123 E. Scranton Ave., Lake Bluff. Free.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something